Loyal Hounds School for Dogs
Training Class Terms & Conditions
COVID-19 Update - June 2020
In response to the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak, Loyal Hounds School for Dogs has updated its terms and conditions for all classes. By reading and acknowledging the following statements, you agree to follow the guidelines outlined below. If customers/visitors choose to ignore the following guidelines, Loyal Hounds School for Dogs Ltd reserves the right to turn you away from hosted training sessions, ask you to leave the premises, or enact practices outlined in our ‘Cancellation/Rearrangement’ section outlined below.
Personal Information Privacy:
Loyal Hounds School for Dogs Ltd values your privacy and is committed to upholding it. We will only ever collect personal data that we absolutely require for our business purposes. For most business operations we require minimal personal information (Name, Telephone Number, Email Address), although we may require your personal address if requesting private training sessions, dog walking, or goods delivery. All other information will relate to your pet dog.
When requesting information, we will always inform you of how we intend to utilise this information.
For your ease of mind, we will never reveal your personal data without explicit written permission from you.
Additionally, you have the right to opt-out of marketing contact if you so wish and may do so by contacting us and confirming in writing via email.
For information on the data that we hold, please contact Miss Lauren Embleton, 07725749281, [email protected]
Additionally, visit the documentation page on our website to see our General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Policy.
New Update 2020, COVID-19, Social Distancing:
All classes will now be held in our large one-acre outdoor field located on Lomber Hey Farm, High Lane, SK6 8HY.
This is to ensure that social distancing can be upheld at all times.
Rules are as follows:
- Please do not attend if you or someone that you live with has recently had suspected or confirmed COVID-19 Symptoms. We cannot allow potentially infected individuals to attend the session.
- There is a 15-minute gap between sessions and whilst we are keen to answer questions, given the current situation with COVID-19, we ask that you email these to us or speak to us over the telephone for the foreseeable future to avoid the chance of classes overlapping which could lead to avoidable interactions between other training groups.
- We cannot accept cash payments – as such all payments must be done via bank transfer.
- All attendees must remain a minimum of 2 metres apart at all times.
- Class members will have their own area to train in and MUST remain in these areas unless otherwise instructed.
- Class attendees must bring the equipment listed in the Equipment List provided to you before the class start date.
- No physical contact can occur between individuals present at any class (Both staff and attendees), this includes the sharing of equipment or physical objects which is strictly prohibited
- A strict rule of One person per Dog is in place due to rules surrounding group gatherings of up to 6 people. If class size permits and/or it is absolutely necessary (E.g. a minor requires supervision) then you may be permitted to bring another person with you, however, this absolutely must be arranged beforehand and if exceeding the 6 person group limit this individual will not be able to participate in the class and must either wait outside of the property or in one of the separate and secure outdoor locations on the premises. Other than that, the standard class format will be 6 dogs, 6 owners, and 2 trainers (who do not count in the 6 in a gathering as they are there to work). By reading and acknowledging this document, you agree that only one person will attend the class with your dog.
- Dogs must remain on-lead at all times. We cannot risk dogs being off-lead as this may inadvertently lead to owners coming into close contact as they retrieve their dogs.
- When utilising toilet facilities at Lomber Hey Farm (These facilities will be frequently disinfected):
· Wash your hands as per NHS advice.
· Avoid touching surfaces where possible.
· Clean any surfaces with disinfectant provided.
· If someone is already using the toilet, you should wait at the designated area at the rear of Woof Club so that the individual may exit the toilet and return to the class without violating social distancing guidelines.
- Please keep dogs on leads at all times unless otherwise directed by your trainer.
- You are responsible for the behaviour and actions of your dog while attending training and are required to clean up after your dog should they go to the toilet.
- Please respect the personal space of other dogs and ensure you stand at an appropriate distance until your trainer advises the correct social introductions.
- You must follow instructions at all times, including all safety instructions and don't use equipment when your trainer is not present.
- Equipment is designed for dog use only and Loyal Hounds School for Dogs takes no responsibility for loss or damages that may occur when equipment is in use.
- Pick up after your dogs and do not allow dogs to pee in the training area or on the equipment – accidents do sometimes happen, so let your trainer know so that the area can be washed down.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your dog is fit and healthy and behaviourally sound to attend training, your dog must be fully vaccinated and not suffering from any infectious disease that could be transmitted to any other dogs. If in doubt about your dog’s health please consult a veterinarian.
- Please inform your trainer before your training session if your bitch is in season. You may not be able to attend.
- We use reward-based training therefore harsh handling will NOT be allowed under any circumstances. Your trainer reserves the right to request any persons to leave the premises or cease the session if they are abusive to any other person or dog. We do not allow prong or choke chain collars, slip leads or extendible leads in classes. If you would like any help with selecting equipment please let your trainer know. Please ensure you have lots of yummy treats and your dog's favourite toy available whilst attending the training.
- Any accidents or issues involving a person or a dog must be reported immediately to the trainer.
- Cars are parked at their owner’s risk. We do not accept any responsibility for theft or damage to cars or property whilst at training.
- Family members are always welcome in classes and one to one training. All children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Class bookings are per dog and not per family. Each booking is for a single dog only. You can bring more than one dog with you, but this dog must also be booked into the class.
- You agree to pay your class deposit before the attendance of your first class. If the deposit is not paid at least 5 days before the class start, we may inform you that you cannot attend the class and give the place to another on the waiting list.
- Deposits for each class are non-refundable any later than 72 hours before class start time (i.e. if your class starts at 14:30 on the 10th of June, the last day that you could request a deposit back would be the 7th of June at 14:30– after that, rearrangements and filling of classes are increasingly difficult and frequently the space goes unfilled).
- You agree to pay the remaining balance of your booking on the first day of attendance of your course.
- If you withdraw from the course will less than 48 hours notice, full payment must still be made
- Please bring with you treats/your dog’s food as training rewards. We do have treats for sale at the venue.
- Please email a copy of your dog’s vaccination records beforehand.
- Please notify us if you intend to bring more than 1 person to the class (COVID-19 Update – Group gatherings can be no greater than 6 people, as such, there will be one owner per dog unless class numbers permit further attendance of the group session – Maximum of 6 people per class including 1 trainer).
- Please bring with you all required equipment as per the Equipment List sent to you.
- We ask that you do not use violent or forceful methods on your dogs whilst in the class.
Class or Course Cancellations/Rearrangement:
Clients booked onto any Standard Class Bookings (fixed date)
- Class withdrawal - You agree to provide us no less than 72-hours notice before the Start Time that you wish to withdraw from a class. Without this, your deposit is non-refundable.
- Unable to Attend a Specific Class – This will not affect your booking as the course duration occurs over a fixed time period. You will still receive your notes but we cannot repeat the class for you.
Clients booked onto ‘Club’ Classes (flexible dates)
- Class withdrawal - You agree to provide us no less than 72-hours notice before the Start Time that you wish to withdraw from the class. Without this, your deposit is non-refundable.
- Unable to Attend a Specific Class – If you cannot attend a class, you agree to inform us no less than 24 hours before the Start Time of your class (i.e. if your class starts at 14:30 on a Sunday, you must have told us you cannot attend before 14:30 on Saturday before). If you do not notify us, the class will be deducted from your purchased allocation (of groups of 8 class or 4 or 2 classes) and you will not be able to repeat the missed class. Although our 'Club' classes are intended to be flexible in nature, late cancellations jeopardise the future viability of ‘The Club’ and impact the business as a whole — as such, some degree of control is required so that we can continue to offer this flexible training setup.
Loyal Hounds School for Dogs Ltd reserves the right to cancel classes on the day in cases of staff sickness, extreme weather events, or other unforeseen circumstances that impact the running of classes. In these circumstances, class timetables will be rearranged and there will be no consequences to clients.
One to Ones and Consultations
- Consultations must be paid in full at least 24 hours before the session is scheduled.
- If the session needs to take place over the phone or via Zoom for any reason, it still counts as a session and will be billed accordingly.
- If you are booking one to one blocks to get the discount, these must be used within an 8 week period.
- If you need to rearrange for any reason, we will need to have at least 24 hours notice.
- If you reschedule more than 3 times without having a session, we will need the full payment of that session before rescheduling again.
- If you reschedule and then cancel the session with less than 72 hours notice before the session is due to take place, we will need the full payment for the session.
- One to ones requires a 50% non-refundable deposit to secure your date.
- Under the Consumer Rights Act, you may cancel your purchase within a period of 14 working days beginning the moment you place your order. However, there will be a £20 admin fee deducted. There is no right of cancellation where the one to one or consultation begins within this 14 day period.
- There will be no right to cancel or receive a refund for any service following the 14 days after making the order.
Refunds are offered at the discretion of Loyal Hounds School for Dogs Limited:
- If the cancellation policy is followed before a class start date, then refunds can be offered.
- If you are unhappy with the service, we ask that you notify us before intending to cancel and we can see what measures can be taken to improve the service that we offer. If you do choose to pursue a refund, we reserve the right to exercise some degree of judgement over the choice to offer refunds in these circumstances.
- If you are no longer able to attend, again we reserve the right to exercise a degree of judgment over the offering of refunds under these circumstances.
- Payment of fees should be made at the time of placing a booking. Failure to make payment at the time of booking will result in the booking being cancelled.
- Under the Consumer Rights Act, you may cancel your purchase within a period of 14 working days beginning the moment you place your order. However, there will be a £20 admin fee deducted. However, there is no right of cancellation where the class, one to one or behaviour consultation begins within this 14 day period.
- There will be no right to cancel or receive a refund for any service if your course has already commenced regardless of when the order was made.
- There will be no right to cancel or receive a refund for any service following the 14 days after making the order.